lunes, 5 de octubre de 2015

Invitations



Accepting and declining invitation
Audio: http://inenglish.pe/e-learning/aula/socializing-accepting-invitations-exercises.htm
Expression of making accepting and declining invitation
Sometimes, we have a situation and have to also invite some of friends to come. There are many situations that probably happened in our daily life, such as meeting, birthday party, graduation party etc. of course, we have to make an invitation for our guests. There will be two answers for them who are invited by us, they may come or accept the invitation and they may not come or decline the invitation. The situation will be divided into formal and informal. There are different expression that  are  used in the different context of situations.

Expression to make, accept or decline in vitiation in formal situation.

Making an invitiation:

·         Would you like to…?

·         I would very happy if…?

·         We would be delighted if you…?

·         Would you care to..?

·         We would be pleased if you could…?

·         Would you care to…?

Accepting an invitation:

·         That’s very kind of you

·         We’d like very much to….

·         What a delightful idea

·         With the greatest pleasure

·         Thank you very much for inviting me

·         It’s delightful to….

Declining invitation:

·         I’m very sorry, I don’t

·         Think I can.

·         I’d like to, but ….

·         I’m afraid I’ve

·         Already promised….

·         Thank you for asking me, but ….

·         Unfortunately  , I can’t….

Expression to make, accept or decline an invitiation  in an informal situation:

Making invitation:

·         Why don’t you come to…

·         Like to come to …

·         Come and …

·         Shall we come to …

·         You must come to …

Accepting invitation:

·         I would/will …

·         That would be very nice

·         OK,I will be there !

·         I’d like love to come.

·         All right.

·         Sure, I am coming

Declining invitation:

·         Sorry, I can’t.

·         I’d love to, but …

·         I don’t think I can.

·         In wish I could, but …

·         Sorry, I am very busy

·         Sorry, may be next time

·         Thank you, but I can’t

·         Sorry, I don’t think I

·         Can’t make it

·         I’m so sorry I can't make it


7 comentarios:

  1. Invitation
    Go to the blog and do the following activities: Click on the topic: accepting and declining an invitation. Listen to the audio and study the expressions. Next, in pairs, make up a conversation for three of the following topics in which you change roles with your partner for inviting, accepting and declining : You are invited to a barbecue, You want to invite some one to a Wedding, You are inviting a friend to you family’s beach house, Your best friend is leaving the country for two years and you are planning a farewell party, It is your boy/girlfriend’s birthday.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Conversation:
    A: Hello!
    B: Hi! How are you?
    A: Fine thank you, and you?
    B: Very well! Hey! Would you like to go to cinema?
    A: Thank you very much for inviting me. When we go?
    B: Is tomorrow good for you?
    A: Yes, of course!! I want see a comedy movie.
    B: Excellent. Now, I search what options we have.
    A: That is a good idea.
    B: Ok, so pick you up at the 5:00pm, are you agree?
    A: Yes, I agree
    B: Ok, bye bye
    A: See you tomorrow!!

    Jennifer Guillén Rivera

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Diana-Fabiola:
    Conversation:
    F: Hi diana
    D: Hi fabi
    F: How are you?
    D: Fine thank you, and you?
    F: Fine, what will you make to night?
    D: amm nothing, would you like going to my house?
    F: For what?
    D: To see a movie
    F: Think I can,
    What time?
    D: at 8’o clock is fine
    F: sure, I'll be there

    D:Please, can you bring food?
    F: Of course, what kind of food would you want me to bring?
    D: I don´t now, pop corns, sweets and Coca Cola
    F: Ok, we see in the night
    D: Bye

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Fabiola and Diana: Here are some observations:
      ... What will you do tonoght?
      I am doing nothing.
      ... Ok. See you tonight.
      Well done!!!

      Eliminar
  4. Hi Jenn Here are some observations:
    . ..When will we go?
    ... I want to see
    I'll search the options we have.
    ... do you agree?
    Well done!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Work of Kimett, Adrián, Juan and Jeremy
    Adrián: Hi Kimett, today I will go to the circus with my cousins, do you want to go with us?
    Kimett: Ok, when are you going?
    Adrián: We are going around 7:00 o´clock. We are going to buy pizza, bring money.
    Kimett: Sounds good, I am going to take a shower right now. How many money I need?
    Adrián: I think that with $20. I pick you at 6:00 o´clock at your house. See you.
    Kimett: Ok, see you later.
    Adrián: Hi, Juan. There will be a great film tonight. It’s about cars. Would you like to go to the movie with me?
    Juan : Yes, I’d like to go. When will you pick me up?
    Adrián : I’ll pick you at 7.00 at the park. Be ready, OK!
    Juan : Alright.
    Juan: Kimett I think to go to eat chicken today? Because is my birthday.
    Kimett: I’m poor right now. I need to find money.
    Juan: I will pay your food, let’s go.
    Kimett: Really? Ok, thank you.
    Juan: You like Rostipollos?
    Kimett: Yes, I prefer KFC, but it’s ok.
    Juan: Let’s go to KFC instead.
    Kimett: See you at the mall at 5:30 o’ clock.
    Juan: Bye, see you later.













    Jeremy:


    Hi Juan, it's good to see you again.

    Juan :
    Hi Jeremy.


    Jeremy : Are you here for work?

    Juan :
    Yes.

    Jeremy :
    Is Adrián with you?

    Juan :
    No I'm here alone. Adriáncouldn't come this time.

    Jeremy :
    How long will you be staying?

    Juan :
    4 days. I'm going back on Friday.

    Jeremy :
    My brother and I are getting together for dinner. Do you want tocome with us?

    Juan :
    Yeah, that would be nice. I have a meeting in an hour. I can meetyou afterwards, if that's OK. The meeting shouldn't last long.

    Jeremy :
    That's fine. Who is your meeting with?

    Juan :
    The Boston Insurance Company. I'll call you when it's over.

    Jeremy :
    OK.

    Juan :
    Can I use your phone? I left mine in the car and I want to call themto get directions.

    Jeremy :
    Sure, here you go.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hi Kimeth, Adrian Juan and Jeremy. Here are some observations:
    ... How much money do I need?
    I'll pick you up.
    I think I'll eat chicken today. Because it's my birthday.
    Do you like ...?
    Well done!!!

    ResponderEliminar